Sunday, June 7, 2015

Experimental Week!

For this week I decided to experiment While I was working on lighting Saedren, I looked at the "landing platform and realized "That's way too small". So I began looking for designs on Google and, of course, found a bunch of Star Wars concept art, like these.




However, I wanted to something a little more "rough" or jagged. I then foumd this image and I thought it was pretty close to what I wanted to make.


So after making a landing platform, I then decided to change the stance that Saedren so that it looked like he was entering a drop ship of some sort. Here's an image. Sorry about  the lighting; it was just a test render to see how it would turn out.


While I do like the idea behind the image, I think that it takes the focus away from the character and puts more emphasis on the enviroment. I will continue to think of different stances for Saedren to be in, but I will keep a copy of this file in case I want to go back and change something.

On a side note, I'm sorry but I did not get a chance to work on the DeLorean this week. However, by next Sunday I should have UVs done and some textures on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment