Sunday, May 31, 2015

Large Sunday Update!

First off, here is an update on the DeLorean. I finally finished UVing the whole exterior of the car, including all of the tubes, wires, and excessories. The tires need a little fine tuning, but other than that the rest is done. Here is all of the UVs on one tile.


Keep in mind this is not the final layout of these UVs. Once I UV the interior of the car, I will then decide the how many UV shells and how much room each UV will get. This will depend on how big that object is or how visible it is. I plan on using 3 to 4 UV shells so I can get a lot of detail onto the car, but I'm hoping to only need 3 (one for the outside, one for the inside, and one for all of the tubes and accessories).

Second, here is more work on Saedren. I'm still working on getting the lighting right, but I just can't find something that I like. It's either too dark or too light, the shadows aren't casting right, or something along those lines. Here are several images of examples of the lighting.


I like this image because of the shadows that are casted from the lights. The glow also adds a nice touch to show the form of him, but I feel like the runway lights are too bright and distract you from the rest of the image.


For this image I tried to brighten it up so you can see more detail, but I just feel like it's too bright and looks very fake. 


For this image I moved the direction of the main light(s) and darkened the shadows, creating more contrast from light to dark. However, this makes things very dark and hard to see any detail. What I would like to do is combine the lights used in both images 1 and 3 to find a happy medium.

I am hoping that by next Sunday I will have the car completely UVd with some textures on it and have the lighting figured out for Saedren as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment