Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I'm Back!

After a very long leave of absence, I'm finally back to start modeling again. To get myself back into the swing of things, I decided to make a weapon. After playing Fallout 4 for a while, I was kind of disappointed with the lack of unique models for some of the weapons. One in particular was the Combat Rifle. It looked almost identical to the Combat Shotgun, with the only differences being the barrel type, the magazine, and the receiver. So I decided to replace the model with something else; the R91 from Fallout 3.


Even though there already is an assault rifle in Fallout 4, I thought it looked more like an LMG rather than an assault rifle. So my plan was to replace the Combat Rifle with the R91 and rename the Assault Rifle to the Light Machine Gun.

As in the vanilla game I plan to have several different mods that can be used with this weapon, such as muzzle brakes, stocks, grips, magazines, and sights, all of which I will model.

After I'm done modeling and texturing the rifle, I will attempt to rig the rifle so that it will work with the vanilla animations (otherwise I'll look for help on the Fallout 4 nexus or something).

No comments:

Post a Comment